Merit Badge Instructor Registration
Merit Badge Counselor Information Sheet
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Merit Badge Counselor for the South Georgia Council. Please complete the form below and click the submit button. Once the application has been submitted it will go into a database for approval. If there are any problems or questions with your application we will contact you via email.
NOTE: SOME BADGES MAY REQUIRE SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS PLEASE SEE BELOW. REGISTRATIONS FOR FOR THESE BADGES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THE SPECIFIC CERTIFICATION CERTIFICATES ARE RECEIVED AT THE SCOUT OFFICE.
- RIFLE SHOOTING merit badge counselor must be currently NRA-certified rifle instructor or coach who is 21 years of age or older. Please attach a copy of your certification to this application.
- SHOTGUN SHOOTING merit badge counselor must be a currently NRA-certified shotgun instructor or coach who is 21 years of age or older. Please attach a copy of your certification to this application.
- CLIMBING & RAPPELLING activities must be supervised by an instructor who is 21 years of age or older and has successfully completed a minimum of 10 hours of instructor training for climbing/rappelling from a nationally or regionally recognized organization, a climbing school, a college-level climbing/rappelling course, or is a certified BSA climbing instructor.
- AQUATIC merit badge counselor (Swimming, Lifesaving, Canoeing, Rowing, Small Boat Sailing, Whitewater, Water skiing, Water Sports, Scuba, Motor Boating and Kayaking) must have current Safety Afloat and Safe Swim Defense training (available online)
- SCUBA Merit Badge Requirement #4 instruction must be conducted by recreational diving instructors in good standing with a SCUBA agency recognized by the Boy Scouts of America and approved by the BSA local council.
|Council Advancement||Andrew Blackwell||(678) 446-4699|