National Youth Leadership Training 2020
THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED
What is National Youth Leadership Training?
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is a week long course that features instruction in skills that can be used at home, at school, on the job and at the Scout unit level. Through activities, events, games and adventures NYLT participants will work hard and play hard together as they put into action the best Scouting has to offer.
Who can attend NYLT?
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- As of March 1, 2020, Scouts BSA members (male and female) must be at least 13. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST).
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships. It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- Have a unit leader recommendation.
DATE & TIME: Participants should arrive at Camp Osborn between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 19, 2020. Please eat lunch before arrival. The course will conclude Saturday morning, July 25, 2020.
COST: $200.00* (including the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $50.00, due with the application), payable to: South GA Council. This includes all food, course materials, course supplies, two course t-shirts, and recognition materials upon completion of the course. The $150.00 balance is due on or before April 30, 2020.
|NYLT Course Director||John Frost||(229) 886-5052|