Our goal is to serve every available youth that wishes to join Scouting. Your generous support is needed to provide quality programs, activities, support services and facilities. A major source of revenue for the Council is the annual Friends of Scouting (FOS) Campaign. The South Georgia Council's campaign asks concerned individuals and community businesses and leaders to financially support the council's operations and continued service to youth and their leaders.Your FOS gift supports the following initiatives:
- Activities for youth such as Cub Scout Day Camp, Camporees, Cub Family Camping weekends, and more
- Two camp properties; Camp Patten and Camp Osborn
- The Jennett Scout Service Center provides administrative and program support to unit leaders
- The Scout Shop provides uniforms, advancement and recognition patches, program materials for youth and leader training and program materials
- A full-time trained professional staff committed to the continued successful operation of the Scouting program for thousands of youth in our communities
- Accident, sickness and liability insurance coverage for all registered scouts, leaders and charter organizations
Scouting instills a solid foundation of values and prepares our youth to participate fully in our increasingly complex society. Of all the organized activities available to youth today, Scouting stands alone in its wide range of rich learning experiences that positively affects the lives of youth. A tax deductible contribution to the Boy Scouts of America amounts to an investment in your child, your community, and your country.