2021 National Scout Jamboree
July 21-30, 2021
The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
National Jamboree is Scouting's flagship event. It is a one-of-a-kind gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place.
The South Georgia Council will take a contingent of 2 Troops (36 Youth and 4 Adult Leaders) in each Troop. Space is Limited! These Troops are comprised of Individual Scouts from around our council.
Youth Participant Qualifications:
Scouts must have a current BSA membership with a Scouts BSA Troop.
- Must be at least a First Class Scout.
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the unit leader and local council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian during the application process.)
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experience with local council and unit leader.
- Submitted BSA Annual Health & Medical Record using the on-line Jamboree submission process. The AHMR must be dated on or after July 1, 2020.
- Submit all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.
Submit your youth application and deposit here: Youth Jamboree Registration
In an effort to help you with planning for the payments for the Jamboree, we are
providing the following payment schedule:
|Due on or before:||Amount|
|Deposit (due with application)||$ 175 (non-refundable)|
|November 30, 2020||$ 600|
|January 15, 2021||$ 600|
|February 19, 2021||$ 400|
|March 19, 2021||$ 325 (estimated amount)|
|TOTAL||$2,100 (estimated amount)|
Regular monthly payments are recomended.
Please either mail or deliver payments to: South Georgia Council
1841 Norman Drive
Valdosta, Georgia 31601
On your check payments, please mark “2021 Jamboree” and the name of the
participant that you are paying for.
The fee includes all meals and transportation to and from the Jamboree. The fee also includes special patches, patrol & Troop/Crew equipment.
Schedule for Preparation Days *
Jamboree Orientation - Location TBA -
Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 4:00 PM
(Mandatory for all participants and at least one
Jamboree Shakedown #1 - Camp Osborn, Sylvester, Georgia -
Friday, March 26 - Sunday, March 28, 2021
(Mandatory for all participants)
Jamboree Shakedown #2 - Camp Patten, Lakeland, Georgia -
Friday, May 7 – Sunday, May 9, 2021
(Mandatory for all participants)
*All Jamboree leaders and participants must attend all Preparation Days
Jamboree Troop Leader Requirements
NOTICE: Jamboree leadership requires a serious financial and time commitment. Please review the requirements prior to submitting your application. Applications will not be accepted for leaders who cannot commit to the entire Jamboree and pre-Jamboree activities.
Adults wishing to apply for one of eight adult leadership positions in the South Georgia Council’s Jamboree Troops should fill out an “Intent to Serve as a Jamboree Adult Leader” application.
The Jamboree Leadership Selection Committee will review candidates and make recommendations to the Council Executive. Adult Leader candidates will be interviewed by the Jamboree Leadership Selection Committee. After the committee has reviewed your application, they will schedule you for an interview.
To qualify as a 2021 National Jamboree Troop Leader, applicants are required to:
- Must have served as a Troop, Post, or Crew leader (eg. - Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster, or equivalent, with direct youth contact).
- Completed training requirements for leadership position held.
- Complete Youth Protection Training within 12 months prior to the Jamboree.
- Wood Badge training is recommended.
- Commit to help recruit and retain a full 72-member Council Contingent for this Jamboree.
- Commit to attend the entire Jamboree July 21- 30, 2021 plus travel days before and after (likely 2 or 3 before & 1 or 2 after).
- Commit to attending all Jamboree Leader Meetings, Jamboree Orientation, and 2 “Shake-Down” Weekends in preparation for the Jamboree.
- Be able to serve as a role model.
- Can meet health & fitness requirements for the Jamboree.
- File an “Intent to Serve as a Jamboree Adult Leader” application with the Council.
- Complete an interview with the South Georgia Council National Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved and formally invited to serve by the South Georgia Council National Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved by the South Georgia Council Scout Executive
If you are capable of meeting the 2021 National Scout Jamboree Troop Leader Requirements there are 3 ways to summit your application:
Intent to Serve as a Troop Leader
Submit Via Mail/In Person:
Download form below and mail or submit in person to:
South Georgia Council
1841 Norman Drive
Valdosta, GA 31601
Download form below and email to email@example.com
National website https://jamboree.scouting.org/