OA Camp Patten Workday 2017
Grab your work gloves and tools and make plans to join us on Saturday, September 9 for a day to help prepare Camp Patten for another busy Scout year! Lunch will be provided so an accurate count is a must.
There are many things each year that need to be done to ensure that we have a safe and enjoyable place for our Scouts and families to gather and have fun. Some items are routine maintenance, others are special projects to preserve and improve our camp for generations to come.
Since camp is just like each of our homes, always more to do than you have the time or resources to do, we are asking for units or individuals to adopt a project.
Listed below is the current project list. Please select several projects you would be interested in completing and sign up below or contact either Service Center to sign up.
Crooked River Chapter helps parking and preparing lunch.
- Ensure that camp is fully mowed. Grass-cutting / Bush-hogging tractors needed.
Clear Amphitheater Area of limbs, ants, weeds, and temporary screens. Need weed and ant killer. Inspect each bench and repair.Pack 686
- Clear brush around pond, and trim banks of all growth down to the water line around dock and across dam. Need many trimmers. Remove all trees growing on dam.
- Thoroughly clean all restroom/shower facilities (Copeland Center, Shower House, and Pavilion). Cleaning materials needed.
Assorted debris around camp. Remove downed/dangerous trees . Many limbs down in camp due to past storms.Troop 828
- Clean undergrowth around base of trees around camp where tractor cannot cut. Chainsaw, loppers, and trimmers needed. Especially along front of camp and under Oaks.
- Trim along complete fence line avoiding planted trees and bushes. Weed eaters or round up needed for this project.
Volleyball court maintenanceTroop 864 Continue project of plant trees along front fenceTroop 426 Clean Windows/Remove Door Scuffs in Copeland CenterPack 491 Clean Blinds in Copeland CenterPack 491
- Inspect dock and treat with water seal, replace boards (we have lumber)
- Trim lakeside campfire ring
- Clean/trim around exterior of Vulcan Pavilion
Clean doors of Vulcan PavilionPack 416 Inspect items in Pantry in Vulcan Pavilion/Clean KitchenPack 416 Clean upstairs bathroom/Bunkroom in Bunkhouse (use shop vac)Pack 400
- Open Webelos Area Campsites and along river
Clean chapel/mow, remove down limbsTroop 454
- Clean three campsite latrines
- Clean Rifle & Shotgun Range berm of growth
Clean each sign in campPack 864
- Wax/buff the floor in the Copeland Center
- Repaint the floors of the shower house on both sides, especially youth side
- Install PVC piping along Cubmobile guardrail
- Repair/Replace broken items on bathroom stalls in shower house
- Organize maintenance barn, remove unnecessary items
- Clean/Inspect each cabin and cabin bathroom
- Cut back tree limbs over roads and mowing areas all over camp
- Bury exposed electrical cables (1 in camping area, 1 for pump @ Pepsi slab)
General yard tools needed for most projects including weed eaters, trimmers, loppers, saws, rakes, chemical sprayers, etc.