Scouting for Food
Scouting for Food is an annual food collection orchestrated by Scouts from the South Georgia Council. Local Scouts distribute door tags to homes across the region and return to pick up donated goods one week later. Collected food is distributed to needy families throughout the communities of the Council.
Cub Scout Packs, Scout Troops, Venturing Crews and Explorer Posts throughout the Council will be distributing Scouting for Food door tags in local neighborhoods. Food collected will be distributed to local agencies throughout the area.
Tags may be picked up from the Valdosta Service Center the week of January 13th (specific date will be communicated soon) or contact your District Executive for more information.
Tag Distribution Date (to homes and businesses): January 25th, 2020
Food Collection Date: February 1st, 2020
Food Drop off Loation: Will be provided to each unit at pickup.
Not sure what you should donate? Here is a list of some of the most highly needed items:
- Non-perishable food items
- Canned protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter)
- Soups & stews (beef stew, chili, meat-based soups)
- 100% fruit juices (all sizes)
- Grains (pasta, whole grain pasta, rice, brown rice, boxed macaroni & cheese)
- Cereals (multi grain, low sugar such as cheerios, cornflakes, raisin bran, grape nuts, oatmeal)
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits
Register your unit to participate here: Scouting for Food 2020